Did you know that your metabolism can differ by hundreds of calories from people of the exact same height, weight, age and gender?
For the first time, technology previously available only in research facilities and hospitals makes it possible for your metabolic rate to be accurately measured through a simple, 10-minute breathing test.
Trying to lose weight without knowing how many calories you burn every day is like attempting to balance your checkbook without knowing how much money you have coming in. In addition to helping you lose weight, metabolic-rate measurement is crucial when it comes to successful weight maintenance. Without an accurate picture of their metabolic needs, over 90% of people who lose weight gain it all back. Once we know our bodies' precise requirements, we can avoid eating any more than our budget allows, or less than we can afford.
This exclusive service is available by appointment at our office.
We recommend you undergo the metabolic test as part of a full nutritional evaluation, so that the results may be discussed in the context of your individual health goals. However, you also have the option of checking your metabolic rate now and integrating it with your health goals at a later time.
WHAT YOU GET:
A comprehensive printed metabolic report answering the following questions:
• Is my metabolism fast or slow?
• What is my daily calorie budget?
• How can I achieve energy balance?
A brief consultation with one of our registered dietitians to discuss:
• What your energy balance looks like (are you burning more or less than you're eating?)
• The most effective ways to boost your metabolism
• How soon to re-test your metabolic rate to check for improvements
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TEST:
The goal is to measure your metabolic rate at a true resting level; we recommend the following preparatory steps:
• Avoid eating a meal 3-4 hours before the test.
• Avoid exercising on the day of your test.
• Avoid the use of stimulants such as caffeine on the day of the test.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TEST:
During the test you will be invited to recline in a comfortable position. You will be given a mask or a mouthpiece to breathe into. You will be breathing in air from the room, but the gas that you breathe out will go into the metabolic analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
• Relax and close your eyes during the test. You deserve a break - enjoy it!
• Hold the mask snug over your mouth and nose, or your lips sealed lightly around the mouthpiece. It is important that all the air you breathe out is analyzed.
• In just 10 minutes, your metabolic rate will be measured, and those results will be used to calculate your daily calorie budget. This budget will be printed out in an easy to understand format that will outline for you just how to use your metabolism to help you lose weight.
To learn more about metabolic testing, click here.
RMR measurements are performed using the ReeVue™ indirect calorimeter. The ReeVue™ has been validated against the clinical standard metabolic cart and has demonstrated equivalent accuracy in resting volunteers for both oxygen consumption and resting energy expenditure. (ReeVue™ is a product of Korr Medical Technologies, Inc.).